Sunday, September 22, 2013

What I've Been Listening To

I absolutely love music.  So, how appropriate is it that my first actual blog post is about my favorite tracks that are currently out?  Check it out:

Don't get me wrong, I love Katy Perry's new single, "Roar".  However, I thought it was a standard, pop song similar to her singles from the "Teenage Dream" album.  Her new track, "Dark Horse" from her upcoming album "Prism", is definitely the new Katy Perry sound we have all been waiting for.  It features Juicy J and the beat is insane.  Hear for yourself:




I have been obsessed with this Manchester based band since I discovered them back in August.  The 1975 have yet to play a concert in America, but when they do, I will definitely be the first to buy a ticket to that show.  Here's their song, "You", from the deluxe UK version of their debut album:




Justin Timberlake came back on the music scene this past year with "The 20/20 Experience".  He is getting ready to release "The 20/20 Experience Part 2" later this month and I could not be more ready.  His first single, "Take Back the Night", was good, but his newly released song, "TKO", is even better.  Just like the song says, this one is a knockout.  Check it out:




I absolutely love The Killers and they are back and better than ever with their new single, "Shot At the Night".  It has a very 80's sound to it and I cannot get enough of it.  It will be featured on their "Direct Hits" album coming out this November.




I was hesitant to put this one on here, but Miley Cyrus' new single "Wrecking Ball" really is a great song.  We all have our own opinions on the now infamous music video, but the song itself, in my opinion, is great.  I didn't care much for her first single, "We Can't Stop", but "Wrecking Ball" surprised me in a good way.  It's raw, emotional, and definitely one of my new favorite tracks.




Tom Odell is another British singer that I am currently falling in love with.  His album "Long Way Down" just recently came out in America and it is fantastic.  Here is my favorite track:




I recently discovered the Australian band, Birds of Tokyo, and I am digging their sound.  This song, from their album "Birds of Tokyo" released in 2010, is one that will be on replay: 


No comments:

Post a Comment